Have you ever verify your aadhar card online or offline? If it’s no, then you must verify your aadhar card number so that you come to know that your Aadhar card is original or duplicate. Aadhar card verification is being done online that too within a few seconds.
It is crucial to find that whether your Aadhar Card is genuine or fake and this can only be done by verifying your aadhar card details like aadhar number (UID), name, address, QR code etc online.
In this article, I will explain to you how to verify your Aadhar card, UID number and its details online via UIDAI and using mAadhar app.
Requirements For Aadhar Card Online Verification:
- Aadhar Card Number (UID).
- Aadhar Card Registered Mobile Number.
- PC/Laptop (Online Method).
- mAadhar app (Using Smartphone).
- Internet connection.
- 1 How To Verify Aadhar Card Online Via UIDAI
- 2 Verify Aadhar Card Number Using mAadhar Mobile App
- 3 How To Check Aadhar Card Details & Verify It Online
- 4 How To Check If Your Aadhar Card is Activated Or Deactivated
- 5 FAQs
How To Verify Aadhar Card Online Via UIDAI
Step 1: Visit the official website of Aadhar Card: https://uidai.gov.in/
Step 2: Move down to the “Aadhaar Services” section and click on the “Verify an Aadhaar Number” option.
Step 3: Aadhar card verification page will be opened up.
Step 4: Enter your 12-digit Aadhar Number.
Step 5: Type the security captcha code and hit the “Proceed to Verify” button.
Step 6: Now, you will a message something like this on your computer’s screen, ” Aadhar Number XXXXXXXXXXX Exists! “. This means that your Aadhar number is genuine and is stored in the UIDAI database.
You will also find other Aadhar card details like your age band, gender, state and Aadhar linked mobile number printed on the screen. Just check and verify these details too.
If you see this message that your Aadhar Number does not exist then this means that your Aadhar card is duplicate and is not verified by UIDAI. Kindly, get rid of this duplicate Aadhar as soon as possible and apply for a new one by visiting your nearby aadhar enrolment centre.
Verify Aadhar Card Number Using mAadhar Mobile App
Step 1: Download maadhar app and install it on your smartphone.
Step 2: Launch the mAadhar app.
Step 3: Login to the maadhaar app via your mobile number and completing OTP verification.
Step 4: In the “Services” section, scroll down to “Aadhar Services” and click on the “Verify Aadhaar” option.
Step 5: Enter your 12-digit Aadhar Card Number.
Step 6: Enter Security Captcha Code and click on the “Submit” button.
Step 7: Now, you will see this message on your mobile’s screen, ” Dear Resident, This Aadhaar Number is Active”. This message means that your Aadhar card is original and verified by UIDAI.
You will also get to check other aadhar card details like age, gender, state and mobile number.
If you see this message, ” Dear Resident, This Aadhar Number is not Active”. This message means that your Aadhar card is fake and is not stored in the UIDAI Aadhar Database.
How To Check Aadhar Card Details & Verify It Online
It is good to check your aadhar card details so that you don’t get into any problem when you submit your Aadhar anywhere and finds it that it’s different from the original one. There is a very simple method to verify your Aadhar card details and that is by downloading it online.
Follow the steps below to verify your Aadhar Card Details:
- Visit this e Aadhar download link: https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Enter your Aadhar/Enrollment/VID Number.
- Complete the Captcha Verification.
- Click on the “Send OTP” option.
- Now, enter the received OTP and complete the “Quick Survey”.
- Finally, click on the “Verify & Download” option.
- Open the Aadhar Card PDF file by entering the password when the download finishes.
- Now, check all the details in the e Aadhar PDF like your name, gender, DOB, Father Name, Address etc and verify these details with your existing Aadhar card.
Note that the Aadhar Card that you just downloaded online via UIDAI is original and directly fetched from UIDAI data base. The e Aadhar file is password protected and the password is 8 letter consisting of first 4 letters of your name in capital and birth year.
How To Check If Your Aadhar Card is Activated Or Deactivated
- First, visit this Link: https://resident.uidai.gov.in/verify
- Give your valid Aadhar number.
- Enter the captcha code.
- Click on the “Proceed to Verify” option.
- If you see a green colour tick mark icon then your aadhar card is active.
- And if you see a red colour cross mark icon then your aadhar card is deactivated.
You can also verify whether your Aadhar card is active or de-active on mAadhar App. The steps have already been explained in this article.
Other Aadhar Online Services:
What is Aadhar Card verification?
Aadhar card verification is a process by which you can check that your Aadhar card is fake or genuine. You can also verify your Aadhar card details like name, address, photo, guardian name, DOB etc.
Is it necessary to verify my Aadhar card?
Yes, you should get your Aadhar card verified because carrying fake Aadhar is illegal. When you verify your Aadhar card online, you become assured that your Aadhar number is genuine as it stored in the UIDAI database.
Can I verify someone else Aadhar card?
Yes, you just need to enter their UID number on the UIDAI site or mAadhar app to verify it. It is good to take consent from the aadhar holder before doing anything.
Is OTP verification needed for verifying Aadhar?
No, OTP is not asked while your verifying your Aadhar Number online via UIDAI site or on the mAadhar app. The Aadhar verification process takes place without mobile number OTP submission